Thursday, November 16, 2006

Feeling Unwell

I woke up yesterday morning with a bit of a headache. I drove Lee to work and decided to work from home so I could take a small sleep if I needed to. By the time I got home, I was feeling tired so I decided to lie down on the bed. As the day went on, the headache became worse and I felt feverish.

I still have the headache today, so its time to seek medical help. The trouble with the internet is that you can find out anything and everything and usually more than you really need. When I looked on the NHS Direct website, I felt I was suffering with everything I searched, from a common cold to pneunomia and even meningitis.

I made an appointment at the doctors. She told me I have a tension headache and that I am most likely heading for a viral infection as well. The headache is not going away because I am tensing-up and that is keeping the pain going. The pain is causing me to tense-up, so it is a viscious circle.

I told the doctor I am travelling to Sicily this weekend for my birthday - guess what? She recommends we don't go as I need to rest :-(

Anyway, she has given me some strong Ibuprofen to relieve the headache, which should mean I relax and then the tension goes away.

What a birthday! I'm sick!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a bloody nightmare :(

Unknown said...

Cuddles, sorry for my strop, Diva and Drama Queen moments.... but i love you so much and I want the best for your birthday...I just hated the situation we were in!

BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you and hope you will have a great birthday in Sicily xxx

Belladonna said...

Get well soon Avang :)