Monday, November 27, 2006

Quiet Weekend...by comparison

This weekend we didn't go very far, well London on Saturday but that is only an hour or so from us. But no European travel and no pre-planned events to go to.




It was a much needed 'gentle' weekend. Although I am feeling better, I am still suffering with a nasty chesty cough and I still feel tension in my neck muscles. What I need is a good massage from a gorgeous looking masseur...mmmmm. Lee perhaps?

On Friday Lee and I went to the Fleur de Lys and the Rose and Crown in Cambridge. We met up with some of our Cambridge friends. Matt, Alfonso, Tristan, Pete, John, Ali plus others. I wasn't drinking heavily because I was still feeling quite delicate following my illness. It was noticeable that there was a different crowd hanging around in the Rose and Crown. In fact, it seemed as though there were a lot of people who may have been trading drugs. I can't make that accusation, because I didn't witness anything with my own eyes, but there was a strange atmosphere and one of our mates told me he had been offered drugs on a previous visit. That is worrying - it seems so easy to obtain drugs. It makes me worry about my own children and the influences they are under when they go out just to a pub (not even a night club in a large inner city!).


What is this world coming to? It must be my age...I can't believe I'm saying that !

On Saturday Lee and I went to London, relaxed in the sauna and then wandered around Soho and grabbed something to eat.

Sunday was a relaxing day on the sofa. I cooked a roast dinner and then Lee and I watched the 1980's movie 'Beaches' starring Bette Midler. A sad ending, brought a tear to my eye. It must again be an age thing, I no longer feel immortal. We can be taken from this world at any time, so it is important to show and say how we feel to those we love. This is especially relevant to me. My father died in a motor accident in 1989. I never told him I loved him, and in the end I never got the chance. It stays with me for the rest of my life.





Anyway. I'm travelling again, away from my loved ones. But I'm thinking about all those important to me as I travel around.
Miss you Lee! xxx






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss you too, Cuddles!

Don't like you being away so often..:(

xxx

Belladonna said...

Avang that is so sweet of you :) You seemed to be made for each other. It is heartwarming to see a relationship that stood the test of time.

Unknown said...

Oiiiiiii!!! Bilo ekau nak update nih???? Bersawang dah!!!